Confraternity of Penitents Catholic Weekend Retreats
Scripture tells us that Jesus rose early in the morning and spent time in solitary prayer and even spent entire nights in prayer. He took solitary respites to make time for prayer even though He had many important matters to tend to. By doing so, He demonstrated the essential need to make time for prayer. He instructed His apostles and followers to go away by themselves to a deserted place and rest, and to go to their room and close the door to pray. Jesus “had no place to rest,” according to the Bible, but the words of the psalms and gospels became His favorite resting places in the Heart of God.
St. Francis took this practice of the Lord very seriously. He and his brothers spent hours each week alone with God in prayer. He was often seen praying alone in the woods, in caves, on cliffs, and in abandoned churches. Just as St. Francis and the early penitents got together and spent much time alone with God, we also take this practice very seriously and “leave the world” to contemplate the Word and lift our hearts to the Lord in the many retreats offered through the Confraternity of Penitents.
Beyond meals and lodging, our retreats offer:
* Time for Holy Mass or Divine Liturgy where we leave the world for that “deserted place,” hear the Word of God, lift our hearts to Him, and receive from Him the spiritual nourishment of the Eucharist
* Time before the Blessed Sacrament and the Monstrance where we become absorbed in intimacy with Him Who is eternal Truth
* The opportunity to pledge to live the Rule and Constitutions together with the support of the Minister General and other members of the Confraternity
* Time for spiritual direction and confession where we share, reflect, receive support, and the healing graces of the Lord
* A series of presentations from a religious, experienced retreat master where we learn to grow in holiness, and deepen our faith and relationship with God and each other
* A sharing together in song and the communal recitation of the Liturgy of the Hours where we make the hours holy in our praise and thanksgiving to the Lord
* A “deserted place” in nature where we enter into the quiet, in contemplative prayer, the rosary, private prayer, or spiritual reading, and rest our heads on His Heart and listen
* Time for sharing with other retreatants privately or in groups where we give of ourselves to each other and become more of one mind and heart
* The opportunity to purchase spiritual books, media, recordings of retreat presentations, and many other religious items from our Confraternity of Penitents Holy Angels Gift Shop
The Confraternity of Penitents strongly encourages you to rest on the Heart of Jesus by making an annual spiritual retreat together with your brothers and sisters, because in no other place is the same Love, and there; enjoy a return to Love.
Please indicate your intent to make an annual retreat and check all that apply, then copy and paste into form and email to us. :
______ I intend to attend the annual retreat in the year_____________________
______ I cannot attend the retreat this year.
______ I would like to purchase a recording of the retreat presentation (when available).
Information on upcoming retreats is listed below:
Confraternity of Penitents Retreat, Reunion, Conference 2021
October 13-17, St . Felix Retreat Center, Huntington IN USA
Retreat Master: Father Joseph Tuscan, OFM Cap, CFP Advisor for Spiritual Matters
Topic: Fatima, Penance, and the 800th Anniversary of Our Rule of 1221:
How Living Our Rule Fulfills the Requests of Our Lady of Fatima
More information forth coming. $50 retreat deposit using Buy Now Button.